Sunday, January 13, 2008

Keyboard, mouse, AND display sharing?

I've been using Synergy2 to share my keyboard and mouse between two computers (windows desktop and Eee PC) for a couple of weeks now. Before this, I used a commercial package to do the same thing. Move the mouse cursor off the edge of one computer;s monitor and it appears on the other computer's monitor - the keyboard input follows the mouse cursor. I always wondered why an application couldn't be written similar to this that would let you move a window from one computer's monitor to another computer's monitor. Anyone I talked to about this said it couldn't be done. Well, it's been done. You can find MaxiVista here. For someone with a couple of computers, each with its own monitor (or two) this has got to be the coolest thing since sliced bread.

No comments: